Below is the invite to 5he annual parish assembly on Thursday 15th April at 7pm.
NOTICE OF REFERENDUM
SOUTH HAMS DISTRICT COUNCIL
Referendum on the Neighbourhood Plan for Kingston Neighbourhood Area
- A referendum will be held on Thursday, 6th May 2021 to decide on the question below:
Do you want South Hams District Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Kingston to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?
- Applications to register must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Follaton House, Plymouth Road, Totnes TQ9 5NE by midnight on Monday 19 April 2021. Applications can be made online: www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
- Applications to vote by post, or to change or cancel an existing postal vote, proxy appointment or postal proxy arrangement must be received by the Electoral Registration Officer at Follaton House, Plymouth Road, Totnes TQ9 5NE by 5 pm on Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Applications to vote by proxy at this referendum must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Follaton House, Plymouth Road, Totnes TQ9 5NE by 5 pm on Tuesday, 27th April 2021.
- 5. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this referendum must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Follaton House, Plymouth Road, Totnes, Devon, TQ9 5NE by 5 pm on Thursday, 6th May 2021 and are available for anyone who (a) suffers an illness or disability after 5pm on Tuesday 27th April 2021; or (b) discovers after that deadline that they will be unable to go to the poll on the day of the referendum for occupational, employment or service reasons.
Dated: 24 March 2021 Andrew Jonathan Bates Counting Officer
|Kingston is a small village lying between Dartmoor and the sea in the South Hams District of Devon County Council. The population of around 308 adults, 57 children in 214 Properties of which 46 are holiday or 2nd homes.|
The village is surrounded by working farms and miles of beautiful coastline and the newly created Erme estuary marine conservation zone which is a haven for birds and wildlife including the rare tentacled lagoon worm. Several footpaths offer differing views of our stunning parish. .mcz-erme-estuary-2019
The parish is in the middle of the South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and the village includes two conservation areas. The National Trust owns some farmland and coastline in Kingston.
The Dolphin Inn is currently Closed due to Covid rules, it was being run by a temporary manager whilst Punch Taverns seek new Tenants
The nearest shop is Holywell stores 3 miles away in St Ann’s Chapel, or for more variety 5 miles away in Modbury lots of shops are now back in business.
St James the Less Parish Church, opening is restricted to individual prayer, open Wednesday 4-6pm and Sunday 10-12 noon
Website Accessibility Statement
Document dated 17th September 2020
Kingston Parish Council is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website, however, owing to the cost of the new legislation, WCAG-2, KPC are having to budget towards this new legislation.
Whilst Kingston Parish Council strive to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website.
We are continually seeking out solutions that will bring all areas of the site up to the same level of overall web accessibility. In the meantime should you experience any difficulty in accessing our website, please don’t hesitate to contact the Parish Clerk, Sue Green either by phone on 01548 810270 or e-mail email@example.com